In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Cheri Mah, Research Fellow at the University of California San Francisco Human Performance Centre. Cheri is an expert when it comes to sleep and in this episode talks about how athletes can improve the quality and duration of their sleep. In this episode, we run through some real life scenarios and get Cheri’s view on dealing with common headaches coaches have when traveling for away matches.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Cheri Mah (background, education and current role)
- How sleep can affect athletic performance
- Tracking sleep in the applied world – validity & reliability of methods
- How much sleep do we need? How can we find out?
- Strategies to maximise sleep
- Benefits & pitfalls of napping throughout the day
Cheri can be found on Twitter @cheri_mah
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is also sponsored by Train with PUSH, makers of the PUSH band.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below