In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking with Ranell Hobson. Ranell is the Training Director of the Academy of Sport Speed and Agility in Sydney. She has over 20 years experience in Strength and Conditioning coaching and specialises in Speed and Agility. She has a degree in sport science and coaching and is NSCA (CSCS) qualified. Ranell is also a Level 3 Advanced event coach (ATFCA) and an international Masters athletics champion over the sprints. She is also head of the sport and fitness department at Technical and Further Education in Western Sydney.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Ranell Hobson (background, experience and education)
- Acceleration drill progressions
- Top end speed drill progressions
- Importance of hip mobility on efficient running
- How to use the warm up to identify and fix movement issues
- Teaching running mechanics to reduce the risk of injury in youth athletes
- Why all coaches should throw away the speed ladders
Links mentioned in the episode –
Don’t forget that Ranell is coming to the UK in October and you can book here
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Ranell can be found on Twitter @Speedyranell
Academy of Sport Speed and Agility can be found on Twitter @assa_australia
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below