This episode sees me speaking with Darren Roberts, who for those that don’t know (but SHOULD), he is the high performance manager at Harris & Ross Physiotherapy after 8 years as High Performance Manager at Red Bull. Darren gives a very unique insight into working with a very unique population in extreme sport athletes.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Darren Roberts and how he got to where he is today
- What is the current state of S&C in the UK
- How can you create the ‘performance playground’
- What can practitioners from traditional sports learn from extreme sports
- How you maximise the time you have with athletes
- Getting the most out of extreme sport athletes
We also discuss my very brief encounter working with Chris Holder (2013 world speedway champion) after being ‘thrown under the bus’ by Darren after visiting his gym back in July.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Darren can be found on Twitter @TheRealConehead
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below