In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking with Bob Alejo, Assistant Athletic Director and Director of S&C at North Carolina State University. I must thank Bob for coming on the podcast and being so open about what he does. Bob has an incredible amount of experience working in the collegiate, professional and private settings so to get him on the podcast was a real honour.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Bob Alejo (background, education and current role)
- Strength as the basis for all development
- A strength and conditioning coach’s perspective of sports science
- Training for power or power training especially inexperienced lifters
- Testing and data analysis driving program design
- Sport specific training – doesn’t exist or exists perfectly
Bob can be found on Twitter @coach_alejo
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is also sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.
This episode is also sponsored by Train with PUSH, makers of the PUSH band.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below