In this episode I had the privilege of speaking with Wasps Rugby senior strength and conditioning coach, Tom Mclaughlin. I have already had Andy Titterrell on the podcast, who works at Wasps, in episode 4 and after speaking with Andy he said I had to get Tom on as he’s doing such an amazing job with the players.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Tom McLaughlin and how he got to where he is today
- Training methods used at Wasps
- Monitoring wellness and recovery in rugby union
- Aerobic vs anaerobic training for rugby
- The journey of a young rugby player at Wasps
- How other sports can be used to develop an all-round athlete
- Tom’s thoughts on the recent Mark Rippetoe article
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Tom can be found on Twitter @TomMclaughlin83
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below