In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Director of Setanta College, Dr. Liam Hennessy. Dr. Hennessy has coached a number of world class athletes including three-time major winning golfer, Padraig Harrington. As well as coaching, Dr. Hennessy is Director of Setanta College in Ireland which offers numerous courses in strength and conditioning and regularly invites world leading coaches to speak at its workshops and conference.
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Dr. Liam Hennessy (background, education and current roles)
- The danger in an uninformed reliance on technology
- What’s happening with the hamstring?
- Why experience should be more valued in coaching
- Setanta College and what is missing from the education system when it comes to developing the practitioners and researchers of the future.
- Working with golfers – what is important?
Liam is not on social media but more can be found out about Setanta College on Twitter @setantacollege
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below