In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Strength & Conditioning Coach for the All Blacks, Nic Gill. Nic has been on my radar for a podcast for a long time and I was delighted when we found time in the diary to get it done. Nic is a class act and this podcast is a MUST for anyone working with athletes.
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Nic Gill (background, experience, and current role)
- The balance between technical/tactical and physical
- Ensuring the players are in peak condition when they come into camp
- Do you monitor or rely on good relationships with the super rugby teams
- Do you monitor during international periods and use this to manipulate training
- What does a test match week look like and why?
- Bigger, faster, stronger – the myths
- Your training philosophy
- What physical qualities are the biggest determinants to achieve such a game…eg high speed, power, repeat effort or is it high levels of technical resilience and robustness that ensures skills and tactics remain intact under high levels of fatigue?
- Do you employ any fitness strategies during your time with them to achieve the specific physical qualities you desire?
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below