In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Head of Strength & Conditioning at Orlando Magic in the NBA, Bill Burgos. As President of the NBSCA (National Basketball Strength & Conditioning Committee) and current member of the NBA Sports Science Committee, Bill has a wealth of experience working in an around the NBA. Bill is actually the first practitioner I have had on the podcast who currently works in the NBA so it was a pleasure to get him on for a chat.
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Bill Burgos (background, experience, and current role)?
- Military influences and their effect on your current practice
- The role of the S&C coach in the NBA
- How that has changed over the last 5 years
- Your training philosophy as an S&C coach
- Influence of sports science and how that has changed your practice
- Managing guys in the off season
- Information that is/isn’t given to player
- Keeping things fresh in the gym and on the court
Bill can be found on Instagram @bb_strong74
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below