In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Sports Performance Specialist & Founding Coach at Coach Me Plus, Doug McKenney. Doug has vast experience working in the NHL and was, in fact, the first full-time S&C coach in the NHL working with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Naturally, I was keen to speak to Doug about his work in ice hockey and how things had progressed over his career. And with his long-standing relationship with Coach Me Plus, it was great to get Doug’s thoughts on the world of athlete monitoring systems (AMS’).
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Doug McKenney (background, experience, and current role)?
- Athlete Management Systems
- What people are looking for/think they are looking for
- Market leaders
- Athlete tracking in ice hockey
- Ice hockey staking algorithms
- Developing injury reduction strategies in ice hockey
- Strength & conditioning and how things have evolved
- Athlete testing in and out of the gym
Doug can be found on LinkedIn HERE
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below