In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I have the pleasure in speaking to Director of Reconditioning and Athletic Development at HPSports, Bill Knowles. I have been stalking Bill for well over a year now so it was a pleasure to finally get our diaries aligned and get him on the podcast. Anyone that knows Bill’s work or spoke to Bill will know just how many elite athletes from around the world come to him for his reconditioning expertise. Premier League players, AFL athletes, NBA players etc etc, have all used Bill. With his consultancy business as well as his work with the Philadelphia Union MLS academy, Bill gives us great insights into his current thinking about the topics below.
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Bill Knowles (background, experience, and current role)?
- RTP in ACL
- Predictors/risk factors for ACL’s (apart from previous ACL)
- RTP for load compromised athletes post ACL. Continued markers, protocols and things to avoid
- Knock on factors in movement patterns in joint compromised athletes
- Movement screens for joint compromised athletes
- Movement screens in general
- The importance of gymnastics
- Measuring impact
- Landing & deceleration training
- Warm-ups in football/soccer
Bill can be found on Twitter @Billknowles_HPS
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.