This episode sees me speaking with lead strength & conditioning coach of GB snow board cross & alpine ski, John Noonan. I first got in touch with John through LinkedIn about 6 months ago and he was kind enough to give up half an hour of his time for a chat about his journey through various sports. I then saw him speak at the UKSCA conference this year and had to get him to speak on the podcast.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is John Noonan and how he got to where he is today
- How experience can be transferred from traditional sports to John’s current role
- How important it is to let guys ‘freestyle’ in training
- With such an emphasis on freedom to express, how do you quantify training
- How to create an ‘athletic competency evaluation’
- What are the demands of the sport and how do they differ from other snow sports
- John’s current research into demands of snow cross
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below