Mathieu Lacome is the Sports Scientist at one of the most biggest football (soccer) clubs in the world, Paris Saint Germain (PSG). Mathieu has been in the industry for nearly 10 years, originally working at university level and progressing to be strength and conditioning coach at French Rugby before becoming Head of Athletic Monitoring at French Rugby. As Sports Scientist at PSG, Mathieu works under previous guest of the podcast, Martin Buchheit.
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Mathieu Lacome (background, education and current role)
- Neuromuscular ‘load’ and fatigue
- What is it?
- Looking for way to assess neuromuscular load (based on accelerations, decelerations, COD, maximum contractions etc)
- How to measure neuromuscular fatigue traditionally ? (Jumps etc…) and associated problems
- How can we go further with GPS ?
- Accelerometers ? What can they tell us ?
- Recent work on SSGs
- Peak intensity vs game play
- GPS vs RPE ?
- New work in progress… How to use SSGs to get insights into how players cope with training
- Data visualisation
- How to report to the coach
- Why and How
- Advide for new S&C/sport scientists
- 2 most influential books
Mathieu can be found on Twitter @mathlacome
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by BLK BOX, leaders in performance training equipment & facility design. BLK BOX manufacture and distribute a full range of strength training equipment across Europe from their Headquarters in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below