Mark Kovacs is the go to guy when it comes to strength and conditioning in tennis. Mark is owner of the Kovacs Institute which offers a wide range of services from validating new technologies to offering coaching to elite athletes. This is Mark’s second time on the podcast after he appeared in episode 106 where we spoke about the physical demands of tennis, coaching lateral movements and recovery during grand slams. I wanted to make this episode as applied as possible so hopefully it fits the bill. Enjoy.
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Mark Kovacs (background, education and current role)
- Identifying & deconstructing movement issues
- Choosing or developing exercises to improve movement issues
- Developing the physical characteristics to decelerate efficiently
- Teaching the skill on the court
- Creating drills to enhance the skill in game situations
- Developing the physical characteristics to move laterally effectively & efficiently
- Moving them physical qualities onto the court
- Most influential book
Mark can be found on Twitter @mkovacsphd
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below