This is the first in person podcast I have done and it was great to chat to First Team Lead Sports Scientist at Hull City, Steve Barrett. Steve is a GREAT guy and like a few of the other guests I have had on recently, is a ‘pracademic’, someone who has a foot in both the academic and applied camp. With Steve’s PhD investigating PlayerLoad, we naturally focus a lot around training monitoring but also dig into issues which he faces at Hull with multiple managers over the last few years. Enjoy!
In this episode, you will learn –
- Who is Steve Barrett (background, education and current role)
- Current role
- Changing of roles, responsibilities and influence with the different managers
- Needs analysis with each manager
- How does delivery change
- Training load monitoring, GPS, accelerometer data
- Reporting and demonstrating the information across to the coach. (Excel, power bi, power apps)
- Statistical use within daily,weekly and monthly/yearly reports and application
- Applying research- Using it as a guide and due diligence to a player/coach
Steve can be found on Twitter @stevebarrett5
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord and the new Groinbar, a hip and groin strength measuring solution. They can be found at valdperformance.com and you can get more information on the groin bar at groinbar.com and on Twitter @groinbar.
This episode is sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below