In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Director of Performance Science at Kitman Labs and Performance Coach for the US Men’s National Team, Darcy Norman. I am delighted to welcome Darcy on the podcast for a part 2 after he appeared over 3 years ago in this episode. Darcy is an incredible guy and someone I was lucky enough to grab dinner with in Rome when I was there on holiday in June 2018. A coach who has a CV to die for, Darcy is such a humble guy and is a pleasure to speak to on this podcast. Enjoy this chat with Darcy Norman.
- Who is Darcy Norman (background, experience and current role[s])
- Kitman Labs view/approach
- Injury reduction strategies – a practical overview
- High performance structures
- Where can HP managers make the biggest impact?
- What sport can learn from business and visa versa
- Meeting the needs of the coaching staff (even when that may not align with your philosophy)
- Working with international teams
- What you’ve learnt on both sides of the fence
- Maximising time with players (international team and Roma/Bayern)
- Realities of being away with an international team
- Jack of all trades
- ‘Success’ KPI’s?
Darcy can be found on Twitter @darcynorman
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the worlds only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is sponsored by BLK BOX, leaders in performance training equipment & facility design. BLK BOX manufacture and distribute a full range of strength training equipment across Europe from their Headquarters in Belfast, Northern Ireland. BLK BOK can be found at blkboxfitness.com and you can follow them on Twitter @blkboxfitness and Instagram @blkboxfitness.
This episode is also sponsored by Kitman Labs. Kitman partners with leading sports teams to achieve consistent success, on and off the pitch. Over 150 teams across the globe use Kitman Labs’ Athlete Optimization System to simplify daily operations and rely on the company’s unique analytics to uncover the factors that influence success. You can find Kitman Labs at kitmanlabs.com and on Twitter @kitmanlabs.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below