In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of Performance at US Men’s National Team, Steve Tashjian. This is the third time I have had Steve on the podcast and there is a reason for that. Firstly he’s a great guy but secondly, he has a really interested journey and also some great ideas around high performance. For the second time we spoke about carbohydrate periodisation as its a topic which Steve is very passionate about. His thinking has developed in this area which I am sure you will find really interesting. One of my favourite parts of this chat is at the beginning when we speak about project management which I think we will valuable for practitioners of all levels.
Hope you enjoy this episode with Steve Tashjian.
- Who is Steve Tashjian (background, education and current role)
- Differences between HPD roles club vs national team
- Project and time management
- General coaching philosophy
- Dealing with plays in a club vs country environment
- Aims of international camps
- Managing loads
- Carbohydrate periodization in team sports
- Cycling in those that play reduced minutes
- Manipulation for those looking to gain and lose weight
- Building performance teams, platforms, and team culture
- Assessing culture
- Evaluating staff personalities
- Assessing S&C/SS staff performance
Steve can be found on Twitter @SteveTashjian
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the worlds only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by Fatigue Science. Fatigue Science combine wearable technology with biomathematical science developed by the US Army to offer fantastic insights into sleep and cognitive fatigue. Fatigue Science can be found at fatiguescience.com.
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is also sponsored by Omegawave, the only non-invasive readiness technology to assess both brain and heart. Omegawave can be found at omegawave.com and you can follow them on Twitter @omegawave.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below