In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Physiotherapist, Researcher & Injury Consultant, Jurdan Mendiguchia. Jurdan is a world expert when it comes to injury prevention and rehabilitation, particularly in hamstrings and ACLs. He has 40+ research papers to his name in this area and consults with a number of elite sports teams worldwide with the aim of reducing injuries. Jurdan not only has incredible research experience but he has years and years of working hands on with elite athletes giving him a unique insight into the area of injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Hope you enjoy this episode with Jurdan Mendiguchia.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Jurdan Mendiguchia (background, experience and current role)
- How how do you see the current approach to hamstring injuries rehab and prevention
- Room for improvement
- What prevention method would you use in your football team?
- Sprinting vs Nordics
- Nordic and its effects on architecture related to a hamstring injury
- Activation as a risk factor for hamstring injury
- Isometrically or eccentrically in certain stages of sprinting?
- What implications does that have for training?
- What work is coming up in the future?
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the worlds only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by Kangatech, the world’s most advanced injury prevention platform. To find out more about Kangatech, email email@example.com, visit their website at kangatech.com or check out them out on Twitter @kanga_tech.
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is also sponsored by Omegawave, the only non-invasive readiness technology to assess both brain and heart. Omegawave can be found at omegawave.com and you can follow them on Twitter @omegawave.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below