In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Coach and CEO at ALTIS, Stu McMillan. This episode is 5 years in the making after much stalking on my part to get Stu on and I am so grateful that he was able to squeeze me into a packed schedule, despite the corona virus disruption. There were so many things that I wanted to cover in this episode and given Stu’s experience and knowledge, we could have gone for hours. Thank you to the guys that DM’d me with questions for Stu, I hope I did them justice.
Hope you enjoy this episode with Stu McMillan.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Stu McMillan (background, education & current role)?
- The vision
- Team sports athletes
- Underpinning characteristics of speed
- Contextual vs isolated sprinting
- Transitioning from one to the other
- Weight room philosophy
- Team sport athletes vs track athletes
- Team sports vs track athletes
- Ongoing monitoring to adjust programming
Stu can be found on Twitter @stuartmcmillan1
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below