In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of Performance Rehabilitation at Sports Surgery Clinic, Enda King. I spoke to Enda back in December 2017 and in this episode, we crank it up a notch. Enda shares some incredible information on the prevention and rehab of ACL injuries which he sees a lot of. He also shares some of the common problems that he sees when visiting elite organisations across the world. He recently visited Australia and met numerous NRL and AFL clubs and he shares some fascinating stories and learnings from that trip. If you’re involved in the rehabilitation of injuries in any organisation, this is a must listen.
If you enjoyed this episode with Matt Jordan, you may enjoy my part 1 with Enda King from December 2017.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Enda King (background, education and experience)
- Challenges in ACL Rehabilitation – what are we trying to achieve?
- RTP/Knee Symptoms/Second ACL Injury – where do we go wrong?
- Role/influence of graft selection on outcomes
- Does ACL injury = Brain Injury?
- When is it safe to RTP and how do we know?
- Key areas for focus (measurement (symmetry and biomechanics) and rehabilitation)
Strength Development (especially quadriceps)
- Power – concentric vs eccentric RFD
- Plyometrics – the role of ankle stiffness
- Running Mechanics and transitioning to on feet conditioning
- Change of Direction Mechanics vs agility
Enda can be found on Twitter @enda_king
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below