In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of Performance at Sports Surgery Clinic, Enda King. This podcast with Enda was supposed to be just one episode but because there was so much incredible information, we decided to chop it in half and release it across two weeks. Last weeks release focused on ACL’s and this week focused on groin and hip injuries. Because of Enda’s role at the Sports Surgery Clinic in Dublin, he sees an abnormally large amount of injuries vs someone in a club. Due to this he has incredible experience in dealing with them and understanding them which is why it is such an honour to get him on.
If you enjoyed this episode, check out the previous episodes I have done with Enda from 2017 and last week.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Enda King.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Enda King (background, education & current role)?
- Why do athletes get hip and groin pain?
- Why is diagnosis difficult and does it matter?
- Why do some get better and some do not?
- Who needs surgery and why?
- What do we need to assess from a rehabilitation point of view/how to decide what should be in our rehab programme?i)
- Hip/Trunk Control
- Running Mechanics
- Change of Direction Mechanics
- Do you have to stop playing to rehabilitate athletic groin pain?
- What markers should we use for re-introducing running load/training load?
- How to prevent/screen for athletic hip and groin pain?
Enda can be found on Twitter @enda_king
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Hawkin Dynamics, the team behind the world’s only wireless force plate system. Hawkin Dynamics can be found at hawkindynamics.com and you can follow them on Twitter @hawkindynamics
This episode is also sponsored by IMeasureU. IMeasureU are a world leading inertial platform to precisely quantify body movement and workload metrics in the field. IMeasureU can be found at imeasureu.com and you can follow them on Twitter @imeasureu.
This episode is also sponsored by Omegawave, the only non-invasive readiness technology to assess both brain and heart. Omegawave can be found at omegawave.com and you can follow them on Twitter @omegawave.
This episode is also sponsored by Athlete Monitoring the world’s most comprehensive, versatile and cost-effective Athlete Health & Performance Management platform for elite sports. You can find their website at athletemonitoring.com or on Twitter @athletemonitor
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below