In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Associate Professor at Australian Catholic University, Stu Cormack. I first contacted Stu back in 2017 so you could say its taken a while to line up, but it was definitely worth the wait. I watched Stu’s UKSCA presentation, ‘Monitoring training load and fatigue’ in the build up to this and I would highly recommend it. Its from 2015 but so many of the points are still applicable today. This episode compliments a lot of the messages from the recent episode with Matthew Varley so if you haven’t listened to it yet, its well worth an hour of your time. If you are monitoring load and fatigue, this episode with Stu is a great episode.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Stu Cormack (background, experience and current role)?
- Sports technology
- Your journey with sports tracking technology
- GPS and inertial sensors
- Internal validation
- How it’s done
- Choosing the right metrics – sensitivity
- Sports science vs strength & conditioning
- Aligning with certain philosophies/approaches
- One or the other or both?
- Load and fatigue relationship
- Measures of NMF
- Sub max tests
Stu can be found on Twitter @StuCormack
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below