In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head Coach at SpeedWorks, Jonas Dodoo. This is an INCREDIBLE episode with Jonas Dodoo focusing on acceleration with sprinters and team sport athletes. We discuss Jonas’ new app, Binary and also dive into the detail on all things acceleration. We could have chatted for hours but unfortunately, we had to stop somewhere and line up a part 2 to cover the rest; game speed, sprint typing and more on Binary. I have been lucky enough to spend a day with Jonas and can say first hand that he has a fantastic eye for detail and there is a reason he has coaches numerous sub 10s sprinters. ENJOY!
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Jonas Dodoo (background, experience and current role)?
- Acceleration principles
- Kinetics and kinematics
- Optimising step length and step frequency
- Where to focus our attention
- Sprinters vs team sport athletes
- Drive index
- Physical qualities to support this
- Binary video analysis
- What is it?
- How will coaches use it in practice?
- Importance of shin angle and shin roll
Jonas can be found on Twitter @EatSleepTrain_
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below