In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Director of Performance at AC Sparta Prague, Ben Ashworth. I first spoke to Ben at the start of 2017 when he was at Arsenal FC. At that time the Ash test was still in its infancy and although Ben could detail what it was and how he uses it, he wasn’t able to explain some of the work he was doing at various different clubs. This part two with Ben allowed me to dive deeper on some of the great work he has done as a consultant in baseball and rugby as well as his move overseas and into a Director of Performance at AC Sparta Prague.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Ben Ashworth.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Ben Ashworth (background, education & current role)?
- Transition into Director of Performance
- RTP processes and norms across different countries and cultures
- Hamstring injury prevention protocols
- RTP decision making
- The ASH test
- Using force plate vs something like the new force hook
- Shoulder health and quantifying strength & RFD at the shoulder
Ben can be found on Twitter @benashworth
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below