This edition of the Pacey Performance Podcast sees me chatting with former Louisiana State University coach and former Vancouver Whitecaps first team fitness coach, Mike Young. Mike has a Phd in Biomechanics from Louisiana State University and his highly successful Human Performance Consulting business made him a great guest to have on the Pacey Performance Podcast. He is my ‘go-to guy’ when it comes to speed training. Mike is talking to us from his base at Athletic Lab, his performance gym in North Carolina.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Mike Young and how he got to where he is today
- How you can work around the culture of soccer
- Which monitoring tools have been important in his work with the Whitecaps
- How you can develop speed in soccer
- How Mike individualises training with players with such different background
- Who he caters for at Athletic Lab
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Mike can be found on Twitter @MikeYoung
Mike can also be found @athleticlab
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below