In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to ex Professional Footballer, Paul Robinson and current Professional Footballers, James Coppinger and Romain Vincelot. It’s been on my radar for a long time to get some current football players on the podcast to discuss their thoughts on sports science, how it has affected, or not affected their career and what we can do better as practitioners. It is absolutely fascinating to hear these guys talk about what really is important and this will be absolutely gold, especially for young coaches wanting to make an impact.
In this episode we discussed…
- What value does the sports scientists/strength & conditioning coach/fitness coach (they’re all the same) bring? (Paul)
- Has the sports scientist role become too influential in a football club? (Copps)
- Good examples of how sports science has helped your career? (Romain)
- From your experience, how important is strength training for a footballer? (Copps)
- What more could the sports scientist do to offer greater value to coaches and players? (Paul)
- The importance of knowing the game and culture as a sports scientist (Romain)
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below