In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Athletic Performance Consultant, Lee Taft. Its been a long time coming! I wanted to get someone on the podcast who could chat about change of direction and I ended up asking Loren Landow for a recommendation. Within 2 minutes, Loren had replied with “Lee Taft, he’s your man”. Lee’s knowledge, enthusiasm, and experience made this episode of the podcast and absolute belter. If you want to learn about deceleration, the role of the foot and change of direction, you will love this episode.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Lee Taft (background, education and current role)?
- Definitions and complexity
- Change of direction
- ‘Training assessments’ with younger athletes
- Identifying what’s important
- Importance of the foot
- Closed vs open drills
- Coaching out unwanted movements
- ‘Embracing the chaos’
- Developing the skill and developing specific tissue properties
- Technical models
Lee can be found on Twitter @leetaft
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below