In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Associate Professor at West Chester University, Ken Clark. I am absolutely delighted to get Ken on the podcast and its a long time coming. Ken is putting some incredible research out there but is also an established coach. Recent episodes with Jonas Dodoo and Stu McMillan discussing speed training have been very well received and this episode with Ken gives some real scientific rigor to those conversations. In this episode, Ken wears both hats and gives an incredibly balanced approach to the discussion points below.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Ken Clark (background, education and current role)?
- Judging & assessing non-sprinters against a sprinters model
- What separates them
- Separating elite sprinters from non-elite sprinters
- Velocity profile vs total time
- Max velocity and the acceleration profile
- Resisted sprints
- Hitting different qualities
Ken can be found on Twitter @KenClarkSpeed
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below