In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Coach, Podcaster and Author, Joel Smith. I had so much fun on this podcast with Joel. Not only is Joel a great coach but he is a great character and thinker. I wanted to focus this episode around plyometrics and jump training and we used the episode with Boo Schexnayder as a base from which to build. With Joel having so much going on with his business, Just Fly Sports, as well as the discussion points below, we were able to have a good chat around entrepreneurship in strength and conditioning and content creation.
In this episode we discussed…
Who is Joel Smith (background, experience, current role)
- Importance of experimentation
- “Two paths of training”
- Programming and planning jump training
- Horizontal and vertical jumps
- Structuring strength training in and around jump training
- Importance of variation
- Changes due to body type
- Focusing on what’s going on at the foot
- Working out someone’s movement strategy and how that guides exercise selection, cueing etc
Joel can be found on Twitter @justflysports
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below