In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of Performance Science & Medicine at the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), Dan Lewindon. Dan has been on my hit list since the release of High Performance Training for Sports (HPTFS) but it has taken me 5 years to take action and get him on the podcast. HPTFS had an incredible impact on my development as a coach but the book also had a huge impact on the podcast. Aaron Coutts, Stu Cormack, Dan Baker, Derek Hansen among others really came to my attention from that book and led me to get them on the podcast. I hope you enjoy this episode with Dan Lewindon.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who is Dan Lewindon (background, education and current role)?
- Building a multi-disciplinary team
- Making quick changes
- Skills and competencies
- Dealing with silos
- Continued education
- Minimal support staff with small budgets
- Delivering holistic performance support
- What does this mean?
- Understanding the demands of the sport
- Structure of support in the UK
- Big rocks
- Establishing what’s important
- Improving what’s important
Dan can be found on Twitter @DanLewindon
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below