In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Owner of Spellman Performance, Les Spellman. With the NFL back up and running I thought it would be a perfect time to get a guest on the podcast who prepares these athletes for the coming months. Les is an absolute gun but I threw something a little bit different at him for this episode. We went through three hypothetical athletes, all of which most coaches will have come across in their careers, with Les giving his take on how he would improve their sprint performance. For me, this gives a really nice insight into the thought processes of a top class coach who is preparing top class athletes.
In this episode, we discuss –
- Who is Les Spellman (background, education, and experience)?
- Dealing with different athletes
- Team sport athlete who has never done dedicated sprint work before
- Athlete who has persistent hamstring issues
- Team sport athlete who has a short time to make speed improvements
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below