In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Sports Science Coordinator & Assistant Strength & Conditioning at Miami Dolphins, Adam Lachance. Adam has a fascinating story, coming from a military background and ending up at the Dolphins after studying at the University of Miami. For someone who by his own admission is more or an S&C coach than what we may class as a sports scientist, he is doing an incredible job. Bridging the gap between the two roles and the technical coaches is something we dive deep into during this episode as I feel that this is sometimes missed in conversations about sports technology.
In this episode, we discuss –
- Who is Adam Lachance (background, education and current role)
- How the military has influenced your career?
- What pro sport can learn from the military
- Force plate analysis
- Collecting trainable metrics
- Improving metrics through training
- Readiness & fatigue
- Metrics and analysis
- Reviewing technology
- Which metrics can we trust?
- Feedback of information
- The sports science position
- Understanding the constraints of the game, environment, competition
- Being athlete facing vs being behind a laptop
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below