In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Head of Sports Science at Atalanta B.C, Andrea Riboli. I have made it pretty public that I have been wanting to get more practitioners on from Europe as I think its something that has been lacking recently. Atalanta have come out of nowhere to become a staple of Champions League football over the last few years. They have a productive youth development structure and are also pushing the boundaries in sports science in Italy.
In this episode, we discussed…
- Who is Andrea Riboli (background, education and experience)?
- Designing conditioning sessions for football players
- Using area per player to replicate external loads
- Manipulating SSG variables
- Physiological affects of these changes
- Programming conditioning throughout the season
- Incorporating strength work around on-field physical, technical and tactical work
- SSG vs conditioning without the ball
- When, where and how
- Quantifying training load
- Quantifying the response to the load
Andrea can be found on Twitter @A_Riboli
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below