In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of Performance Research at Kitman Labs, Martin Buchheit and CEO at Kitman Labs, Stephen Smith. I think I say this every week but this episode is slightly different. Kitman Labs recently embarked on a project to survey practitioners in the industry around what they want from research. Their aim is the partner with the industry to help answer the questions which are going to help coaches in their daily practice. It is fascinating where this project can go and I will look forward to catch up with these guys again through 2021.
In this episode we discussed…
- Who are Martin Buchheit and Stephen Smith (education, background and current role)
- Why Martin moved out of pro sport to join Kitman Labs
- Where is sports science and where is it going?
- What are Kitman Labs doing differently?
- What is performance intelligence?
- How Kitman thinks the industry can change, advance, innovate with research
- Results from their recent survey
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below