In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I speak with another Brit abroad in Dave Hamilton who is Director of Performance Science at USA Field Hockey. I have been trying to hook up with Dave for a while now and after some internet issues and on the second take we finally got it done. Dave is a super clever guy and has such wide ranging experience in the field. There are so many things I wanted to speak to Dave about and we ended up covering so much.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Dave Hamilton (background, experience and education)
- Developing a coaching philosophy
- Assessing movement competency
- Performance markers in hockey
- Aerobic vs anaerobic training
- Fitness profiling
- Peaking for an Olympic Games
Links mentioned in this episode –
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Dave can be found on Twitter @dkhammy
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below