In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I speaking with Alex Natera, senior strength & conditioning coach for athletics at Aspire Academy. Alex is a super nice guy who has a vast amount of knowledge after working in Championship rugby, Premier League football and at the English Institute of Sport. He is also currently completing his PhD on the expression of repeated bouts of power. This is the second part of this episode discussing Alex’s labor of love, repeated power. In such an under researched area he talks about some really interesting findings and where he sees the area going.
In this episode you will learn –
- How ‘repeated power’ differs from power endurance
- Why this ISN’T CrossFit
- What has been researched in the area
- How can we train repeated power ability
- Where is the research area heading and what does Alex expect to find
Links mentioned in this episode –
- 2nd Annual Youth Athletics Coaching Congress – 18th – 20th October 2015
- 2nd Aspire Sports Science Conference – 23rd – 25th February 2016
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Alex can be found on Twitter @alex_natera
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below