In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking with Matt Jordan, S&C coach and strength and power researcher. Matt was the first speaker I heard in Seattle at the Sounders sports science conference and I think I speak for all that were there, it was EXCELLENT. He got a bit mobbed at the end so unfortunately didn’t get the meet face to face but knew I had to get him on the podcast.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Matt Jordan (background, experience etc)
- Why and how do we assess power?
- Force velocity profiling
- Monitoring an athlete’s readiness to train
- Assessing asymmetries and predicting injuries
- How does maximal strength benefit elite sport
Links mentioned in this episode –
- Force Velocity profile. Imbalance determination and effect on lower limb ballistic performance
- What is the best method for assessing lower limb fv relationship
- A coaches’ guide to strength development
- Matt’s blog
- Canadian Sports Institute – Calgary
- World Athletics Centre
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Matt can be found on Twitter @JordanStrength
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below