In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking to Ollie Richardson who is Head of Performance at Kubota Spears in Japan. Ollie has a really interesting story, going from England to Australia with the Queensland Reds and onto his current role in Japan. The bulk of our discussion in this episode focuses around his expertise in mixed martial arts and how skills developed by fighters can be transferred to the rugby pitch. With Japan’s surprise performances at the world cup, this episode comes at a great time.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Ollie Richardson (background, education and experience)
- Difference in cultures between MMA and rugby
- The rise of MMA – what’s changed?
- Conditioning for a fighter
- Translating training techniques from MMA to other sports
- Strength training for a fighter
- Fight preparation
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Ollie can be found on Twitter @Fighterstrength
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below