In this episode I speak with Head of Performance at Bristol Rugby, Mark Bennett. Mark Bennett is an ex Welsh international player and was previously with the WRU and Ospreys. Mark is possibly the most open guest we have had on the podcast which was amazing! His experience in the sport as both a player and a coach is invaluable and to listen to Mark speak about his athlete to coach transition is well worth the listen alone. Please make sure you check out his Twitter page (below) because he puts data that he has collected from his players out on a regular basis!
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Mark Bennett (education, background and current role)
- How your philosophy has developed over the last 15 years
- Aerobic work for rugby and your use of circuits
- How Verkhoshansky has influenced your practice
- Building an explosive athlete
- Data collection
- Influence of CrossFit in rugby
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Mark can be found on Twitter @elitesc7
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below