So this episode of the podcast goes in a slightly different direction with Bruce Williams. So Bruce is a podiatrist with extensive experience of working with professional athletes, specifically basketball. Bruce is a past president of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine (AAPSM) and also consults with teams and individuals. Bruce was such a great guest to have on and to have a guy on with his expertise and background in a very interesting area was amazing.
In this episode you will learn –
- I would be really interested to hear about pressure mapping -how it works and what it can do to potentially prevent injuries.
- The importance of the foot and ankle and how issues in these structures can impact things further up the chain
- The use of orthotics
- The importance of gait and movement analysis
- Potential interventions
- The need for regenerative medical procedures
- The importance of a full understanding of blood biomarkers
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Bruce can be found on Twitter @Docorange1
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below