In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I have the unbelievable pleasure of speaking with Joel Jaimeson. Joel has been the ‘go-to guy’ when it comes to conditioning for a number of years now. As soon as I read his book, Ultimate MMA Conditioning, I knew I had to get him on the podcast. I would recommend the book to anyone, whether they’re involved in combat sports or team sports, there are so many transferable principles in the book.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Joel Jamieson (experience, background and current role[s])
- Ultimate MMA conditioning and 8 weeks out
- Classifications of ‘conditioning’
- Importance of aerobic work for explosive athletes. What’s the benefit?
- Periodising conditioning for fighters and team sport athletes
- Peaking and tapering
- Your thoughts on MAS
- Recovery and HRV
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Joel can be found on Twitter @JoelJaimeson
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below