In episode 66 of the Pacey Performance Podcast I speak with Head of Athletic Performance at GWS Giants and co-editor of High Performance Training for Sports, David Joyce. This is David’s second appearance on the podcast and was so pleased to get him on again. David is a SUPER nice guy and is so open when discussing the process behind editing his two books along with the programme that he runs at the GWS Giants. In this episode we use the structure of David’s own chapters in his latest book to delve into his philosophies and thoughts on a range of topics.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is David Joyce (background, education and current role)
- The injury risk profiling process
- The athletic foot and ankle
- Pain and performance
Links mentioned in this episode –
- Validity and reliability of the PUSH wearable device to measure velocity in the back squat exercise
- Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation: Integrating Medicine and Science for Performance Solutions – Edited by David Joyce and Daniel Lewindon
- High Performance Training for Sports – Edited by David Joyce ad Daniel Lewindon
- Pacey Performance Podcast #10 – David Joyce
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
David can be found on Twitter @DavidGJoyce
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below