Episode 8 of the Pacey Performance Podcast sees me speaking with ex Cardiff Blues and Leicester Tigers strength & conditioning coach, and current high performance manager at Severi Rugby, Chris Tombs. I wanted to tap into Chris’ knowledge on speed training and how he applies it to the sport of rugby. Chris is a super clever guy and a nice guy to boot!
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Chris Tombs and how he got to where he is today
- What is the state of S&C in the UK compared to the US
- Is rugby filtering over to the US
- What drills to use for developing acceleration for rugby
- How to programme speed training for rugby
- What are the biggest limiting factors for speed development in rugby players
Chris has working with some of the best rugby players in the world including Leigh Halfpenney, Jamie Roberts and Sam Warburton so to get him on the show was a real privilege.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Chris can be found on Twitter @Christombs71
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below