In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am chatting to football physiologist at ASPETAR in Qatar, Richard Akenhead. Richard’s name often gets brought up when chatting about GPS and load monitoring when I am out and about in my day job. There seems to be a lot of skepticism still around the use of GPS and accelerometers to measure load so I thought it would be pertinent to get an expert on in this area. I would encourage you to check out Richard’s research in the link below.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Richard Akenhead (background, education and current role)
- Current research with accelerometers for player management & rehab
- Creating the right environment during rehab with regards to constraints and context
- Coaching, the language barrier and making an impact
- Training load monitoring and the dangers of reductionism
This episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast is sponsored by Coach Me Plus.
This episode is also sponsored by Vald Performance, the team behind the NordBord.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Richard can be found on Twitter @richakenhead and his research can be found, downloaded and requested at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Richard_Akenhead/publications
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below