In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast, I am speaking to Head of National Talent ID & Senior S&C Coach at Aspire Academy, James Baker. This is the second part to a two-part episode with James so if you haven’t checked out part 1, make sure you do so. In this episode James gives us some incredible insight into two case studies. They highlight how essential the monitoring of growth and maturation is in young athletes. We also dive into moving athletes from a developmental programme into a performance programme where winning is the aim.
In this episode, we discussed…
- Talent identification – finding the best athletes in Qatar
- Developing an LTAD framework
- Integrating a new athlete into an established pathway
- Assessing growth and maturation
- Testing and profiling with a limited budget
- Specific competition performance
James can be found on Twitter @jamesbaker_8
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following on Twitter @strengthofsci or visiting the links below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below