This episode I am speaking with Head of Athletic Development at Western Force, David Joyce. I have recently been reading High Performance Training for Sports which David co-edited and contributed to, and I wanted to speak with him about those specific chapters. The book is absolutely essential if you are wanting to hear from the world’s best coaches. Authors range from David himself, Mike McGuigan, Stuart Yule and Aaron Coutts.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is David Joyce and how he got to where he is today
- A definition of mental resilience
- What is movement efficiency
- Why typical endurance tests are actually tests of ‘movement efficiency’
- What was the vision for High Performance Training for Sports
It was such a pleasure to chat with David who is an awesome guy with so much experience, much of which was over here in the UK.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
David can be found on Twitter @DavidGJoyce
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below