In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I have the massive privilege of speaking with head of strength and conditioning and sports science manager at Surfing Australia, Jeremy Sheppard. Jeremy doesn’t do loads of things like this so it was great to have a chat and discuss a sport that is known little about. Jeremy has countless publications to his name including journal articles, book chapters and books.
In this episode you will learn –
- Jeremy’s background, education and how he got to where he is today
- The demands of surfing
- Transferring knowledge from traditional sports to surfing
- How to assess landings
- Development of a performance testing protocol
- How to keep travelling athletes accountable & reliable
Links mentioned in the episode –
- Google Scholar list of Jeremy’s publications
- Functional Movement Screen
- Surfing Australia
- Humble Enquiry by Edgar Shein
- Surfing Australia TV – YouTube
Don’t forget that the Mike Young workshop in Gloucester still has a few tickets left so click here and get yourself there.
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Jeremy can be found on Twitter @SheppardCoach
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below