This episode of the podcast features another amazing guest in Seattle Seahawks sport scientist, Patrick Ward. Patrick is such a nice guy and was very open talking about his work, not only with the Seahawks but with his past employees which included working at the Nike sports research lab. Patrick speaks at conferences and seminars all the US about his methods, many of which are alongside some of the best sports scientists and strength and conditioning coaches in the game!
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Patrick Ward and how has he got to where he is today
- Breakdown of Patrick’s coaching philosophy
- What is the ‘phyiological buffer zone’?
- HRV – what is it, how can it be used and its limitations
- Data collection and how can it influence profiling, programme design and monitoring fatigue
- About optimumsportsperformance.com
Links mentioned in the episode –
- Pacey Performance Podcast #9 – Dean Riddle
- Nike sports research lab
- Optimum Sports Performance
- Anti-Fragile: Things that Gain from Disorder – Nassim Taleb
- Pacey Performance Podcast #29 – Dave Tenney
- Fatigue Science
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
As mentioned in the episode, you can book onto the South Yorkshire Performance Seminar featuring Ross Burbeary, Luke Jenkinson and Paul Bower below.
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below