In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I am speaking with Chris Brandner, Senior Talent Identification Manager at the Aspire Academy in Qatar. Chris is currently finishing off his PhD investigating the effects of blood flow restriction exercise which we talk a lot about in the episode. Chris is a super nice guy and was very open about his time in Qatar which was really interesting to listen to.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Chris Brandner (experience, education and current role)?
- History around BFR exercise
- PhD work
- Does BFR exercise work? What do we know?
- How people can apply it safely?
- Working as a talent ID officer at Aspire
- Working in the middle east
- Where people can keep up to date with your work?
Links mentioned in the episode –
- Low intensity blood flow restriction training – A meta-analysis
- Chris’ blog
- Potential safety issues with blood flow restriction training
- Pacey Performance Podcast #2 – Keir Wenham-Flatt – Discount code ‘PACEY’ at rugbystrengthcoach.com/members
- South Yorkshire Performance Seminar
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Chris can be found on Twitter @ChrisBrandner
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below