In this episode of the Pacey Performance Podcast I speaking with Alex Natera, senior strength & conditioning coach for athletics at Aspire Academy. Alex is a super nice guy who has a vast amount of knowledge after working in Championship rugby, Premier League football and at the English Institute of Sport. He is also currently completing his PhD on the expression of repeated bouts of power. This is the first of a two part episode discussing his work with track and field athletes at Aspire.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Alex Natera (background/
- What Alex is doing now and who he is working with
- Developing a sprint programme – where to start
- Developing horizontal vs vertical force
- Transfer of training from weight room to track/field
Links mentioned in this episode –
- 2nd Annual Youth Athletics Coaching Congress – 18th – 20th October 2015
- 2nd Aspire Sports Science Conference – 23rd – 25th February 2016
- Pacey Performance Podcast #6 – Mladen Jovanovic
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Alex can be found on Twitter @alex_natera
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below