In episode 70 of the Pacey Performance Podcast I speak with senior strength and conditioning coach at the English Institute of Sport, Ben Rosenblatt. Ben currently works with England hockey and late last year I attended a workshop hosted by Jonas Dodoo (appeared on the podcast in episode 55) which Ben also spoke at. I was blown away not only by Ben’s southern accent but the practical session he delivered on the constraints led approach in developing agility. Ben wrote also wrote an incredible chapter in High Performance Training for Sports which was co-edited by David Joyce and Dan Lewindon.
In this episode you will learn –
- Who is Ben Rosenblatt (education, background and current role)
- Using GPS to inform practice
- Determinants of COD speed
- Assessing COD
- Importance of a constraints led approach
- Relationships with coaches to get the most from a ‘drill’
- Answering the question of ‘will this get them better at hockey (or other sport)’
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
Ben can be found on Twitter @ben_rosenblatt
To subscribe to the Pacey Performance Podcast, please use the links below:
…Or listen below